Free tools and tips for your essay writing
Looking For A Well-Written Sample Cause And Effect Essay For High School
If you have not been given a specific topic then it will be easier to write your essay if you choose a subject where an obvious cause leads to an effect. Broad topics such as the causes of Word War 2 you will have to narrow down and chose just one of the many initiating incidents, but it will lead to a solid paper. If you want to attempt something imaginative such as “why friendships end” then be absolutely sure that you sufficient evidence to prove your argument.
This type of paper follows a logic sequence as you might expect, which makes it easier to write if you go through the proper planning stages first. Let us assume you have no given topic, so how do you begin?
Planning your essay
- Brainstorm and write down a number of ideas that take your fancy – make sure they interest you because enthusiasm shows through in your writing and helps the reader feel interested.
- Research – look online and in journals. See which ideas you have to discard because there is not enough evidence or there are so many people who have chosen that subject that your work will not stand out. Pick your favorite topic from among the remaining ideas.
- Outline – organize your research notes into logical sequence this and this leads to this and there you have it.
Where to find examples
- Try the school library, many of the how-to books on writing will contain excellent specimens.
- If your school has a writing lab, then you could be shown good examples of work if you join them.
- Online is where most people look for help these days, but remember anyone can put up anything on the internet, there is no guarantees of quality. If you ask a student who took the course last year they might be able to point you in the direction of reliable websites.
- Another way to find more reliable websites is adding “scholastic” to the search line in your browser.
- Online writing labs and buy-an-essay sites often put up examples of their best work on their home page to lure in more customers. It is worth taking a look to see if there is work of the kind you are looking for displayed on one of those sites.
- If all else fails, you could ask your teacher if they have any copies of last year’s papers that you could look at. Some teachers do like to collect work from their best students.
A Few Pointers To Keep In Mind
© federacioongpau.org. All rights reserved. | use this website when writing your essay